Yes, we're still alive!

Ok, so i know that we have been terribly pathetic when it comes to updating our blog. Sorry about that. I won't guarantee that I will post faithfully, but I will give it a try.
There is no way that we could really catch you up on all of the events of the past several months, but I will try to fill you in a little. The main reason we stopped contributing the the blog-o-sphere is because I (Melissa) got very sick. This happened towards the end of January (happy birthday to me!) and stretched out month after month after month. Finally things changed this summer and i am now feeling so much better. Hooray! We are really grateful to so many friends and family who offered prayers on out behalf, helped out with the kids, brought meals, etc.
Now we are busy with all the normal activities that fall brings. Josh started 2nd grade and loves it. He is a great student. Sam started Kindergarten and is a good student as well, but i was informed at parent/teacher conference the other night that he has a problem with kissing all the girls! Ellie is in preschool 3 days a week and LOVES it, as do I!

Matt had the opportunity to go to Louisville, KY a couple weeks ago to be a volunteer at the Ryder Cup Golf Tourney. He stayed with his sister Niki in Lexington and went to the tourney with Jared each day. For those of you unfamiliar with the Ryder Cup, it is only in the USA every 4 years and it is the USA vs. Europe. (USA= 16 1/2 Europe=11 1/2. GO USA!)


For some reason I decided that I needed to make lots of jam, so yesterday I did 4 batches of peach and today I did 3 batches of pear. I haven't even used half of my pears! (guess what everyone is getting for Christmas this year!) After I dig out from this project I will try to do some more posts or slide shows with a few of our other summer / fall activities. Be patient with me. Also, if you would like to see more pictures of the fam I post quite a few more more on my facebook page than I will in the blog. (I lOVE facebook!)

1 comments:

Jared and Niki said...

Welcome back to blogging! I love the background. We miss you guys.